Monday, June 20, 2011

Deva Curl No Poo Shampoo Updated Review



No Poo Shampoo does not lather! What I have realized is that it holds the moisture and I love it however what it doesn't seem to do is to cleanse my hair of all the products I put in it so when I decide to try more than just Deva Curl products on my hair I think I will do a one wash with Kinky Curly Go Clean shampoo just to rid my hair of all the excess oils and products that I have tried. Other than that I am really feeling this Deva Curl line...going out to buy the bigger bottles this week!



Peace love and hair

Mel B

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried just rinsing your hair everyday? I usually just wet it in the shower (no shampoo) and condition and moisturize it every day. That way, when I do shampoo my hair, it doesn't have that much buildup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the same as co-washing right? Just wetting it and putting in a conditioner and rinsing? It just seemed like when i did that i was just adding more product instead of cleaning my hair but maybe i was using the wrong type of conditioner. I will try that next week with my Deva Curl One Condition. What conditioner do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that co-washing is different. I don't actually "wash" my hair with the conditioner, I just saturate my hair with the water and gently rub to try to remove some of the product. I apply conditioner and moisturizer after I dry it off with a towel.

    I use Beautiful Curls shampoo and conditioner right now (I don't shampoo more than 2x a week unless I swim or something). I like Curly Qs, too. BUt I don't like smelling like a bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea i gave Carla some of the Curly Q's to try. LOL you are right it smells like Muddy's Bakery but that velvet cupcake moisturizer is good!. Imma try the beautiful curls. So is your conditioner a leave in or is it just a conditioner that you just happen to leave in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried the shea butter shampoos at Whole Foods? They don't contain sulfates or other harmful ingredients, and they cleanse the hair without stripping it. I use it as my clarifying shampoo to offset all my cowashing.

    ReplyDelete